The Honourable Ian ‘Patches’ Liburd
Minister of Public Infrastructure, Post, Urban Development and Transport
Our portfolio consists of the modern international airport, The Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport, the deep water cargo port, a ferry dock and Port Zante, the cruise terminal.
DEEP WATER PORT – The deep water harbor handles the island’s container and cargo traffic and other cruise business. The harbor is also a key player in the Caribbean’s container transshipment sector.
PORT ZANTE – Port Zante is purely for cruise ships, allowing the latest generation of vessels to berth in St. Kitts.
FERRY TERMINAL – The ferry terminal provides daily services to Nevis as well as services to other
destinations. The Basseterre Ferry Terminal has a pier of 200 ft and can accommodate three vessels that provide daily services between St. Kitts and Nevis. There are also chartered trips to St. Eustatius (Statia), Saba and St. Maarten.
ROBERT L. BRADSHAW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – The Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport handles over 400,000 passengers each year. It is also home to a wide variety of aircraft.
These modern facilities form a key element of our islands infrastructure but also help maintain and stimulate vital foreign investment – mostly in the tourism sector.
Vision, Mission and Core Values
To be a leading provider of safe, secure and customer focused air and sea ports services in the Caribbean.
To provide safe and secure air and sea ports services in accordance with international standards and best practices to ensure sustainable growth and development while exceeding customer expectations.
Our Core Values:
- Exceptional Customer Service —exceeding customer expectations
- Safety— providing an environment free from harm and danger
- Professionalism –accomplishing duties in a manner that is efficient, timely, courteous and honest
- Reliability— consistently providing what is promised
- Accountability—assuming responsibility for actions and solutions
- Innovation—openness to change and new ideas to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Trust— being credible and honest at all times